It may be helpful to prepare for your next appointment with your optometrist near Alexandria, VA. Bringing the right information could give your doctor important insight into your overall eye health. However, it can be hard to know exactly what to bring. Use this list as a great place to start your preparation for the next eye exam.
- Questions: Do you have burning questions you want to ask your optometrist? Writing them down and bringing them with you will help you make sure you ask everything you have been wondering about.
- Prescriptions: If you currently wear eyeglasses or contact lenses, you should bring your eyewear with. You may also want to bring a list of medications you take and eye drops you use. Some medicines, even ones that aren’t prescription, could affect your vision.
- Medical History: Do you have diabetes, high blood pressure or other medical problems? This type of information might actually be important for your optometrist to know. While your personal medical history is important, you may also want to bring a list of family medical history. For example, if you have a grandparent who had glaucoma, you may be at a higher risk.
- Insurance: Whenever you go to the eye doctor, you should bring your updated vision insurance. This will help the staff correctly charge you.
- A Friend: Many exams include pupil dilation. If this is the case for your next visit, you will want to bring someone who can drive you home. You can call the office to find out if your appointment could include this test.
- Symptoms: Have you been noticing a change in your vision? Bring a list of symptoms to share with your optometrist.
Taking the right information to your next eye exam may help it go smoothly. Your eye health is important, so you want to give your optometrist as much helpful information as possible. If you have questions about how you should prepare for your next exam, be sure to talk with your eye doctor.